Sunday, September 8, 2013

Two Years of Darkness

I crawled out of the field, couldn't even stand on one leg because there was so much pain. It reminds me of Beckham back in 2006 World Cup where he got subbed off during the game due to a knee injury, he teared and threw his boots at the floor with anger, despair and hopelessness. It seems like he knew his time is up. Not so long afterwards, he gave up his captain armband.

The doctor told me you can't play for six months, and recovery can take up to another six months. I didn't know how to take it, I feel handicapped. It feels like I can't walk anymore and I teared. Another year of injury followed, I almost gave up on it. But I keep training, pushing the limit and now I am back! I feel fine and the game is back.

I want to say goodbye to darkness that clouded me for two years.

No comments: